Thursday, July 13, 2017

Final Post as FKCHS/VRMS Prinicpal


As many of you have by now heard I will be leaving MSAD #27 for new places and new adventures! I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you to all the students, parents, and staff I have worked with in my tenure in MSAD #27! I have meet and worked with many many extraordinary individuals!  From my first days as a Teaching Principal at Saint Francis Elementary School to Eagle Lake and Wallagrass Elementary Schools and my last few years as the Fort Kent Community High School/Valley Rivers Middle School principal it has been a pleasure to serve the students, families, and staff of these schools.  My seven years in SAD #27 have been outstanding and I count myself extremely lucky for having had the leadership opportunities found in this district.  As I reflect back on my time here it is with humility and gratitude that I can say the faculty and staff in SAD #27 is outstanding - they have been focused on what is best for students consistently and I know, moving forward the focus will continue to be on doing what is best for students Pre-K thru grade 12!
I believe kids are kids no matter where you go but I will always have a soft spot for the students that I have been fortunate enough to get to know while working in these leadership positions.  I leave echoing a message I know other adults have shared with you.... you are capable of more than you think, stronger than you believe, and smarter than you know!  Anything is possible with a little determination, faith, and hard work!
Goodbye for now - for I also believe you never know when paths will cross again. Have a great up coming school year and I wish the students, families, and staff the best of luck until we meet again!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Jay for your service to MSAD27. You will be missed. Best of luck in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support Jay. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new endeavors, Jay!

    ReplyDelete